BCBSAZ – Medicare Supplement Plan N
Plan N is identical to Plan G except there is a $20 copay for office visits and a $50 copay for emergency room visits. Like Plan G, Plan N does not cover the $183 Medicare Part B deductible.
Plan N covers:
- Your $1,556 Part A deductible and coinsurance
- The cost of 365 extra days of hospital care during your lifetime after Medicare coverage ends
- Your Part B coinsurance and the cost of the first three pints of blood
- 80% of Part B physician charges that are in excess of the Medicare-approved amount (By law no physician may charge more than 115% of Medicare-approved amounts).
- Skilled nursing facility copayment
- Foreign travel emergency care
Plan N does NOT cover:
- Your $233 Medicare Part B deductible
- Part B Medical Excess Charges – charges from your provider that exceed Medicare-approved amounts. Only Plan F, High Deductible Plan F, and Plan G cover these charges. For all other plans, you are responsible for paying excess charges. In no case can a provider charge more than 115% of the Medicare approved amount.
Get Quotes & Compare Plans
See Pricing for All Plans
Plan N Benefit Summary
|Benefit||What Plan N Covers|
|Part A Deductible
You may need this benefit if you have to stay in the hospital. The Part A deductible for 2020 is $1,408. This amount can change every year. You have to pay this deductible for each benefit period.
|Plan N covers 100% of the $1,556 deductible.|
|Part B Deductible
You may want to consider this benefit if you have Medicare Part B. Each year you must pay the Part B deductible (which is $183 in 2019) before Medicare starts to pay its share. If you have this benefit, the Medigap plan would pay this amount each year.
|Plan N does NOT cover the $223 Part B deductible, you must pay out of pocket.|
|Part B Coinsurance
Without this benefit, you generally pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount for Medicare Part B covered services and supplies (like doctor services and outpatient hospital care). This benefit will help you to reduce your out of pocket after Part B deductible.
|Plan N covers 100% of the 20% remainder costs after a $20 office visit copay and $50 emergency room copay|
|365 Extra Days of Hospital Stay
After you use all Medicare hospital benefits, you can receive up to 365 more days for hospital stays during your lifetime.
|Plan N covers all of the costs for an additional 365 additional hospital days|
|3 Pints of Blood
The first 3 pints of blood or equal amounts of packed red blood cells per calendar year, unless this blood is replaced.
|Plan N covers all of the costs of 3 pints of blood per calendar year|
|Part B Excess Charges
Under federal law, doctors who don’t accept “assignment” (take Medicare’s approved amount as payment in full) may charge up to 15% more than the approved amount. You might want to think about this benefit if your doctors don’t accept assignment. You may also want this benefit if you have to stay in the hospital and can’t control whether the doctors you see accept assignment.
|Plan N covers 100% of the excess charges|
|Foreign Travel Emergency
If you travel outside the United States, this benefit could save you money for emergency care.
|Plan N covers 80% (after a $250 deductible) to a lifetime maximum benefit of $50,000.|
|Skilled Nursing Coinsurance
Medicare pays for the first 20 days of a skilled nursing facility. If you need to go to a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) after a hospital stay and stay in the SNF longer than 20 days, this benefit begins.
|Plan N covers up to $164.50 per day for days 21-100 and all costs day 101 and after.|
|Home Health Care
Home Health Care is skilled nursing care and certain other health care services you get in your home for the treatment of an illness or injury.
|Plan N covers the 20% remainder not paid by Medicare Part B.|